Switch the status overview on by clicking on Status mode in the campaign. This status overview will help you to monitor the progress of your campaign. Above the icons of the elements you will find a series of symbols with numbers. The numbers reflect the number of users. The symbols have the following meaning (see picture 1).
Preparations for the test
- Set all timer elements in your sequences to 5 minutes. This ensures that you receive all emails within the test.
- Check if all your internet pages used in the campaign are functional - e.g. pages with entry form or possible download and thank you pages.
- Publish your campaign.
Test form and DOI
To more conveniently test your form and the double opt-in process, please open a new tab in the same browser in which you are already logged into Quentn.
In this tab, go to the website where the form is embedded and enter your test address. After submitting, Quentn will automatically recognise that you are already logged in and assume that you are about to test your campaign. Remember: A contact can only go through a campaign once. However, when testing, you usually enter your address more than once.
In order to avoid having to reset your contact manually, you will now be presented with the opportunity to reset your contact with just one click in an intermediate step when entering your data into the form: both the campaign and the email status are reset. The action elements (e.g. the double opt-in process) also work in this way when tested several times.
Warning: The automatic reset of the email status is only offered if the double opt-in element is directly linked to the form. Otherwise, only the campaign will be reset.
Test payment process
Test: Connection to the payment provider
- Edit the IPN settings of your product in Digistore24 under Settings -> IPN.
- Click on Test connection at the bottom of the form.
- If everything is functioning correctly, the following message will appear: "Congratulations! Our server confirms that your IPN call was successful".
Tip: Find all registered users
You can find all registered users under the main menu Contacts Overview.
Test: Test the payment process
- Activate the status display in your campaign. Remember the value above the Digistore24 event element. This value should increase by one user after the payment process.
- You must be logged into Digistore24 to test the process. Switch to your sales page, click on your "Buy button". You will now reach the Digistore24 page where you can pay for your product. At the bottom of the page you will find the payment option "Test payment". Make the test payment. After "Payment", you will be taken to your thank you page.
- The counter of your Digistore24 campaign element should now increase by one more payment transaction. You will receive payment confirmation from Digistore24 via the email address you entered. You can also have an invoice created there, for example.
Tip: Freely edit the email status
If your test user has a confirmed sender address, you can freely edit the email status. This is especially helpful for testing the opt-in process several times. Your confirmed sender addresses can be found in the menu under: Email sender.
Call up your landing page with the integrated form. Register as a new user. Within a very short time you should find your pre-made confirmation email. Display the campaign status. Note the increased values.
Under Contacts overview, you will find the newly registered user with the email status Confirmed (single opt-in). Click on the confirmation link in the received email. You will be forwarded to your thank you page. You should also receive the next email from your email sequence a moment later.
When you have finished creating your campaign, click on the green "Publish" button in the top right-hand corner. Now your campaign is online. If you make changes to your campaign afterwards, the green button will show you the number of changes. Don't forget to publish your changes after you have finished, so that they will be counted.