With the Facebook button, instead of (or as well as) the form(s), you can give website visitors the opportunity to subscribe to your newsletter via Facebook. First and last name, email address and gender of the contact are retrieved from Facebook and stored in Quentn.
Configure button design.
Step 1: Login settings
You can determine whether the user can log in either with their Facebook account or via email.
- Open the element with a double click.
- You will see the menu item "Email opt-in" on the left-hand side. Click on it.
- Check the box marked "Email opt-in".
- Specify text and font colour if necessary.
Step 2: Change the button's appearance
- Click on the menu item "Button style" on the left-hand side.
- Specify text (1), background colour (2), font size (3), Facebook icon (4), button width (5), button height (6), and curvature of the frame (7).
Step 3: Define font style
- Click on the menu item "Font style" on the left-hand side.
- Define the font type, font size and font width.
Here you can determine with which app the user can log in. The Quentn app is set as the default. If you would like to create your own app, please note that you must have a Facebook account (you can do this here).
Uncheck "Use Quentn's standard Facebook app" and enter your Facebook app ID and Facebook app secret.
Confirmation and forwarding
Under "Email confirmation", you can determine whether the email status of the new contact should immediately be set to "Confirmed".
For "Forwarding", you can choose whether the contact will receive a message about their successful subscription via Facebook in the newsletter, or whether they should also be forwarded a URL.
In the last tab you will get the code snippet which allows you to embed the button onto your website.
For example, you can integrate the direct link into your own buttons. If someone clicks on this link, they enter with their Facebook data.